You may do everything else masterfully but if you can’t close the sale, you might as well be a professional product demonstrator instead of a salesperson. The real pros in selling have certain skills and habits that make them stand out above average.
Here’s a Personal Inventory Evaluation from my book, “Sales Closing for Dummies™.” Read these 16 statements and see how close you are to achieving “pro” status.
- I have an ongoing personal plan for self-improvement. As the late great Earl Nightingale said, “If you’re not growing, you’re dying.”
- I have achieved mastery over questioning strategies to the point where I can keep the communication moving toward a closed sale.
- I listen more than I talk. We all have two ears and one mouth. They should be used proportionately.
- I understand and read body language fluently.
- I build time for planning into my daily schedule. Fifteen minutes invested in planning at the end of today will save me an hour of time tomorrow.
- I know at least four test closes for each of my products (or product lines). [Read more…]