In my book, The Official Guide to Success book, I teach about the power of self instructions for sales success. These are also called affirmations. They are positive messages we develop for ourselves. After all, no one else can motivate us as well as we can motivate ourselves, right? Our internal, self-motivations are ten times more powerful than an external motivation we could ever receive.
The book is filled with affirmations on varying topics, but I’ll share the 13 most popular with my long-time sales students. When you begin speaking these words to yourself on a daily basis, or even several times each day, you’ll be thrilled with how your life and career start improving.
- I’m alive. I’m awake. And, I feel great!
- Today, I’ll meet the right people in the right place at the right time for the betterment of all.
- I take full responsibility for my actions, and for my life. My well-being is in the best hands it could possibly be in: my own.
- I am a winner. I am a contributor. I am an achiever. I believe in me.
- I read something positive every night and listen to something helpful every morning.
- I avoid negative people and negative input from the media. When someone tries to dump some negative thinking on me, I refuse to accept it.
- It’s amazing how often I meet interesting new people who have an enthusiastic outlook.
- I get paid a lot of money because I’m terrific at what I love doing.
- I’m always finding new ways to make my life better and new things to learn and enjoy.
- I have a high degree of personal integrity that leads me to put out extra effort.
- I emphasize the positive in everything I do. I look at the good that can come out of every situation. I talk about the best qualities of every person I meet. I concentrate on the good aspects of every place and thing.
- I’m organized because I plan my days and follow my plans.
- I understand that life comes down to how I invest my seconds. I do the most productive things at every given moment.
Copyright Tom Hopkins International, Inc.